02 January 2012

Week 2 - Caudle Holiday Adventures

Boxing Day.   AKA, the day after Christmas.  Scott had the day off from work so we decided to head over the the Singapore National Museum.  They have a traveling exhibit there now with some of the work that is usually housed in the Musee D'Orsay in Paris.  Overall, the kids did awesome.  I think traveling exhibits are nice because you get a nice selection and there aren't an overwhelming number of pieces of art.  The kids seemed to really enjoy it and they even recognized a few pieces.  Van Gogh's Starry Night was among the collection and the kids recognized it right away.


Scott was back at work on Tuesday and we had some house keeping activities to attend to.  In the afternoon, we met him at the train station and we ate dinner out.  This is Lily sitting at the hawker stand table waiting for dinner.

When we moved here, we decided not to bring Scott's guitar.  He's been missing it, so for Christmas, we decided to get him a new one.  There is a music store at the Bishan station (called Junction 8) and we found a guitar there that Scott is happy with.


Wyatt did not want his picture taken.

For those keeping track, Wednesday we had a play date at a friends house.  I didn't take any pictures.  The kids had fun.   They played games, swam and played with the toys.  Good times!

On Thursday, we met up with Madeline's friend and her family and we went to the movies!  We saw Puss in Boots.  It was great!  I think we all enjoyed it.

Afterwards, we walked through the Botanic Gardens on the way home.  We spied a few more elephants along the way...


Friday, we ended up staying home and resting.  We had some friends over for dinner and games (the grown ups got to play Catan!).  


Today (Saturday, New Years Eve), we went to the Science Centre.  It was awesome!  We decided to get a family membership, so we will definitely be back.  Today, actually, didn't work out as planned...

We decided to take a taxi, because it's pretty far (about 60 minutes by train/bus and only 20 by taxi).  As soon as we got there and got in line at the membership table (we decided to join, it's about the same cost as a 1 day visit and it is good for a year), Lily threw up!  She caught it in her hands and I panicked a little.  "oh no! oh no!" walk around in a circle, very quick...  ugh.  I just couldn't think for what seemed like ages.  Lily and I headed out side.  I couldn't find a trash, but I found a drain, so I had her go there.  She threw up a couple more times.  I did have a tissue with me.  Scott then came out with a roll of paper towels and we wiped Lily up.  She said she felt better.  She and I headed to the bathroom, to get her a little more cleaned up.

Scott stayed in line with the little ones at the membership table and I just helped Lily clean up and watched her.  She threw up a few more times and the color drained from her face.  This wasn't working out too well!

We sat outside.  Scott finally made it through the line and was ready to head in.  Lily just wanted to sit.  Scott took the little kids in and by this time it had been a while since Lily threw up.  She thought it was just car sickness and she wanted to eat something.  Hmmm.  A few minutes later she threw up again and decided she wanted to go home.  I texted Scott and we met up.  He said he didn't mind heading home with Lily, if I wanted to stay with Wyatt and Madeline.  Deal.  Scott and Lily left and I got to explore the Science Centre!

It was amazing!  I want to go back.  About 45 minutes later...  Scott calls and informs me that we both forgot that he and Lily would need a house key.  It was in my purse!  Our friendly neighbors invited Scott and Lily into their home until I could return with the key.  Wyatt and Madeline were having so much fun it took a while before I could peel them away.  I had to make LOTS of promises to return.  

Now, we are just resting up.  Lily looks a ton better (color has returned) and she's eating and drinking normally.  It could have been a stomach bug.  It could have been something she ate or maybe it was some car sickness.  I don't know.

Tonight, we're meeting up with our neighbors at about 8:00 pm for a New Years party.  We're going to let the kids stay up as late as they want.  One of the families is turning their living room into a movie theater with blankets and pillows for any kids that get tired later.   My kids are all napping, so I hope the evening goes well!

I thought the kids were cute riding on the bus to our play date!



No comments: